In my previous blog; Tech Time for Kids, I shared that I was alarmed on the growing number of kids 1. It’s a #parenting issue Whether we like it or not, it boils down to how we spend time and know … Continue reading
And so I thought…
I am proud homeschooler and freelancer. This a spirited choice my husband Jay and I embraced for our family. And being an idealist, I had noble reasons as to why we are doing what we’re doing. We still hold to these guiding lights until now. But the more I am homeschooling and freelancing, I am understanding the real rewards of this selection.
Before, I thought the biggest rewards of #homeschooling are these alone:
- Individualized learning – Being able to focus on each child’s learning style and develop them as God wants them to be.
- Godly parenting – Being able to establish them in the way of the Bible.
- Life skills – Being able to train them to what actually matters in real life situations.
But I was wrong…
Before, I also thought the greatest rewards of #freelancing are limited to:
- Moments – Not missing any life’s milestones with our kids.
- Money – Earning big that we can provide all their needs.
- Motherhood – That I can be there for them as their mom 24/7…
But I was wrong…
The more I do homeschooling and freelancing, I am realizing that the real reward of these two is the bond we can develop as we walk in their choices daily… it’s the intimacy in our relationship! Because I can homeschool and work from home without forming that bond, without connecting, without getting our hearts knitted together…
My rewards are:
- The laughers
- The tickles
- The embrace
- The kisses
- The words of encouragements and affection
- Movie time, arcade time, videoke time…
- Doing chores together
- Talking our hearts out
- Hearing each other with so much interests
- Holding hands
- Enjoying our meals together
- Going through life together…
Yes we do strive hard that our kids do not compromise learning and that we get to enjoy the perks of online jobs but above all I am learning that God made man for relationships. That He too, more than us fulfilling our destinies and conquering the world for His kingdom, loves to just be with us…
Life is all about “being” and not so much on the “doing”.
How about you? Are you also enjoying forming that bond with your kids? Don’t miss out this reward! They will be children only for a short period of time… Cherish it while you still can.
The Life of Living Dreams Yesterday, my husband sent me this long private message in Facebook as he noticed that I am not dreaming BIG anymore. Here’s what he said: “Beb? I want you to realize something… You are a … Continue reading
I am a wife, a mom, business owner of a digital agency that trains freelancers and provides business owners virtual assistances to boost their business success. I train, coach, disciple. These all on top of managing family and hope. I … Continue reading
The Jesus Revolution In October 27, 2001, more than a month after the catastrophic 9/11 terrorism attack, the Philippines received a seed. It was a prophetic word from Cindy Jacobs given to Pastors Jerome and Annabelle Ocampo. This is the prophecy … Continue reading
Depression is a real demon. It comes cunningly and swift in times misery. It is a dangerous evil spirit that can overtake when one is not careful. Sharing this simple face to face experience with this devil to expose its works and show those under it how to be free in Jesus name.
I got a little depressed
Many of you know that our family is going through challenging times right now. In a previous blog, I shared with you the emotions I have to undergo as a wife whose Husband is battling sickness.
It has been 4 months since this has all started. And somehow in someway, the weight of this all took a toll on me…
Maybe it started with our main Nephrologist said that our only option now is just a kidney transplant. Maybe it came in when I had sleepless nights watching Jay endure a week of fever, weakness, chills, edema and shortness of breathing… I don’t know when it all came to place but I was face to face with depression. I was on the brink of giving in and allowing it to take me to the river of bitterness and disgust.
- I was always crying.
- I did not want to call for help.
- I got tired of asking people’s support: praying, provision.
- I did not want to eat.
- I did not want to see anyone.
- I just wanted to be alone.
- I did not care what people think.
- I did not feel like praying nor believing anymore.
It was both awful and tragic to be in. The good thing about it was that I was aware as it was all happening. I was in control. I did not let it in. Thus, before it can overtake me, I opened myself to people for accountability.
Depression’s Entry Points
Depression is real and many people go through this everyday. It comes in everyone’s door when one is not careful. Thus it is important that one will not allow oneself to be under stress, unrest and unstable foundations with God. In my case, I was under so much:
- Stress – because this has been going on for 4 months and it seems like we’re at the end of the line.
- Unrest – because we need a lot of money for Jay’s medications, dialysis and other family expenses every week. I had to work double time while managing the home, kids, schedules, etc.
- Unstable foundations with God – because what worked in my walk with God where I was seeing a lot of healing and miracles is not happening right now. I have to reestablish new foundations with the Lord.
How to Beat Depression
Freedom from depression is at hand. The power of God is available to anyone who calls on His name. But the person who’s experiencing it needs to make a decision that he or she doesn’t want it in his/her life.
Here are the steps I took:
- Cry it out – Don’t be hypocrite and religious in the eyes of God. Be real. Cry our your frustrations, questions, doubts but always make it a point to still TRUST Him no matter what. David Himself would tell God in his Psalms (Psalm 7; Psalm 27; Psalm 31; Psalm 34; Psalm 52), “Don’t turn Your ear away from me, O God… Don’t hide Your face when I’m distressed.” Cry your heart it. He listens, He understands…
- Eat and sleep – Yes as simple as that. Since your heart is mostly close for counsel during these times, just rest. Eat your favorite food (don’t pig out). Sleep… A lot. A rejuvenated body is a good cure for the wounded soul.Elijah did the same when he was in a lot of frustrations and fear. All his powerful experiences with God were all forgotten. He was so focused on his situation that he just hid himself under a broom tree. He was amiss.And in that time, the Lord did not condemn him. He send His angels instead to tend on Elijah. All Elijah did was eat “chiffon cakes” and snore his stress away.
- Decide to get help – Even if you don’t feel like it, you need it. Trust me… The moment I opened up to people, the more I started to process what I was going through and it helped me resolve the deeper issues in my heart. It made me become ready to receive from God again.
I appreciate the people who went out of their way in helping me press through.
Thank you to my Husband for His thoughts of me. Buying me the food that I like. Taking me to a massage. Spending time with me. It helped me a lot.
Thank you Ate Esther Revote for checking on us via text. I cried the whole time that afternoon. It meant a lot Te. Thanks for always giving your life to people no matter what circumstances you’re in. Love you Te.
Thank you to our dear Homegroup for the surprise serenade with food, balloons and flowers. For praying, listening and loving us this much. Thank you for being our family who lifts us up when we’re tired and weary. We love you all so much.
Depression is a real devil. But it is nothing in the light of God love through the embrace of His people.
Be there for someone today! It matters.
Do Not Fret!
Don’t you ever forget that this nation has a call. We may be little and unknown but God has placed a purpose in our race. He has given our people a mandate to bring the Gospel to the Middle East. We have a destiny. And no matter what’s going on today with all the changes happening under the Duterte administration, you have to trust that God has spoken! You have to have faith and stand in His words!
Yes Duterte is strengthening ties with China and Russia. Yes the Philippines is rocketing into an unknown future. These are changes no one expected. There are turns of events no one foresaw.
As people of God, should be we threatened? Should we be panicking to something that’s out of our control? Should we call it not the will of God?
God is looking for a people of faith. A people who will stand in His words. A people who will trust in His ways. Even if it doesn’t make sense…
It Must be God
What is the Philippines that can shake the sense of security of the world? Who are we that the nations would watch what’s going to happen next? Who is Duturte that leaders and institutions of the world are shaken with his stance?
We are supposedly nothing! We are poor and in debt. We don’t have influence and power like the nations with money and nuclear weapons. But why is this all happening? Intellectually speaking, it doesn’t make sense. Spiritually speaking however, it’s clear that this is the time and this is the hour when Filipinos need to rise up in their identity in Christ and walk in that calling and destiny bringing the Light in these darkest parts of the world.
These are not doors human mans closed. These are not doors human hands opened…
Yes China and Russia are known communists and persecutors of the gospel. The spirit of fear and intimidation tell us that this is the wrong route. Faith however tells us it’s time to bring these lost brothers back to the Father!
The Russian Ambassador himself said Russia needs the smiles of the Filipinos. They are cold and reserved culture. He acknowledged that there is that sense of joy in the heart of this culture that needs to be shared to Russia.
There is that window of opportunity for the Philippines to influence other nations like never before. Maybe not in silver and gold. But in the name of the God they have been serving for centuries now.
Virtue is the Strongest Weapon
That moment when the whole world stood still and paused. Selah… It is reflecting and reevaluating… Because all of sudden, it is not about the stock market anymore. It is not about territories and armories. Duterte happened and now it’s about virtues and ideals. It’s not about being big or small but being right or wrong. Hypocrisy is exposed. Manipulation and control are highlighted.
When the religious spirit came to accuse Duterte’s “bloody hands”, he then unmasked well-painted tombs where thousands of innocent blood are called “collateral damage”.
Justice is hovering on earth like never before. Where it doesn’t serve the powerful anymore. But those with purity and passion.
David and Goliaths
The Philippines is going through intense spiritual metamorphosis today. It’s messy and chaotic. But the fact that, its internal changes are affecting history boosts my hope that the words He spoke over this nation are slowly being realized. We will bring the gospel back to Jerusalem. We will be a people who will usher the second coming of the King. And it’s not because we have a strong army nor kingly armors. It’ll be because we are a people with covenant with the One True God.
Have faith. Choose to believe. Be a remnant.
IF ONLY WE WILL KNOW THE DEPTHS OF THE LOVE OF GOD, WE WILL NEVER (EVER) LIVE BLIND AND HOPELESS You know I’ve heard it in worship songs. That God’s love is overwhelming. The Bible tells its width and height… … Continue reading
Few weeks ago I was haunted by a thought in my heart. It was a painful feeling that I felt distraught until 4am in the morning. I was unable to sleep. What was it? The emotions that I feel like … Continue reading
People follow people. It’s a fact. We are interconnected and we influence each other. We see Angel eating tacos and we get the appetite of eating tacos too. Julia cooked seafood pasta and we make our own version later. John … Continue reading