In my previous blog; Tech Time for Kids, I shared that I was alarmed on the growing number of kids 1. It’s a #parenting issue Whether we like it or not, it boils down to how we spend time and know … Continue reading
Every homeschooling family is different. For this reason each has a different motivation and reason why they are homeschool resulting to choosing a curriculum that also fits their very “why”. Below are different homeschooling styles. 1. School At Home School-At-Homers … Continue reading
The Life of Living Dreams Yesterday, my husband sent me this long private message in Facebook as he noticed that I am not dreaming BIG anymore. Here’s what he said: “Beb? I want you to realize something… You are a … Continue reading
Unspoken Words A woman… We take on roles and responsibilities for the people we love. We give ourselves selflessly. All out. For the things that we value. For the people that we love. For the principles that we care for. … Continue reading
The first thing that we usually do when trials come is ask God to take it away. We hate it and we always want to be out of it the next second. Though most of our trials and consequences of … Continue reading
Religion has Twisted the Holy Week Holy Week is a time where the whole Christian world commemorates the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is a good and vital week of remembrance because it this is the very milestone … Continue reading
Philippines President Favors Same Sex Marriage? The President of the Philippines, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte recently showed support to #samesexmarriage in the Philippines. This is what he expressed few days ago at the 7th LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) … Continue reading
Broken Pieces Have you ever reached rock bottom? Where it feels like there’s no hope. You have been deserted and left alone. And there is no where to go? We did. Jay and I… When we were in Metro Davao … Continue reading
Depression is a real demon. It comes cunningly and swift in times misery. It is a dangerous evil spirit that can overtake when one is not careful. Sharing this simple face to face experience with this devil to expose its works and show those under it how to be free in Jesus name.
I got a little depressed
Many of you know that our family is going through challenging times right now. In a previous blog, I shared with you the emotions I have to undergo as a wife whose Husband is battling sickness.
It has been 4 months since this has all started. And somehow in someway, the weight of this all took a toll on me…
Maybe it started with our main Nephrologist said that our only option now is just a kidney transplant. Maybe it came in when I had sleepless nights watching Jay endure a week of fever, weakness, chills, edema and shortness of breathing… I don’t know when it all came to place but I was face to face with depression. I was on the brink of giving in and allowing it to take me to the river of bitterness and disgust.
- I was always crying.
- I did not want to call for help.
- I got tired of asking people’s support: praying, provision.
- I did not want to eat.
- I did not want to see anyone.
- I just wanted to be alone.
- I did not care what people think.
- I did not feel like praying nor believing anymore.
It was both awful and tragic to be in. The good thing about it was that I was aware as it was all happening. I was in control. I did not let it in. Thus, before it can overtake me, I opened myself to people for accountability.
Depression’s Entry Points
Depression is real and many people go through this everyday. It comes in everyone’s door when one is not careful. Thus it is important that one will not allow oneself to be under stress, unrest and unstable foundations with God. In my case, I was under so much:
- Stress – because this has been going on for 4 months and it seems like we’re at the end of the line.
- Unrest – because we need a lot of money for Jay’s medications, dialysis and other family expenses every week. I had to work double time while managing the home, kids, schedules, etc.
- Unstable foundations with God – because what worked in my walk with God where I was seeing a lot of healing and miracles is not happening right now. I have to reestablish new foundations with the Lord.
How to Beat Depression
Freedom from depression is at hand. The power of God is available to anyone who calls on His name. But the person who’s experiencing it needs to make a decision that he or she doesn’t want it in his/her life.
Here are the steps I took:
- Cry it out – Don’t be hypocrite and religious in the eyes of God. Be real. Cry our your frustrations, questions, doubts but always make it a point to still TRUST Him no matter what. David Himself would tell God in his Psalms (Psalm 7; Psalm 27; Psalm 31; Psalm 34; Psalm 52), “Don’t turn Your ear away from me, O God… Don’t hide Your face when I’m distressed.” Cry your heart it. He listens, He understands…
- Eat and sleep – Yes as simple as that. Since your heart is mostly close for counsel during these times, just rest. Eat your favorite food (don’t pig out). Sleep… A lot. A rejuvenated body is a good cure for the wounded soul.Elijah did the same when he was in a lot of frustrations and fear. All his powerful experiences with God were all forgotten. He was so focused on his situation that he just hid himself under a broom tree. He was amiss.And in that time, the Lord did not condemn him. He send His angels instead to tend on Elijah. All Elijah did was eat “chiffon cakes” and snore his stress away.
- Decide to get help – Even if you don’t feel like it, you need it. Trust me… The moment I opened up to people, the more I started to process what I was going through and it helped me resolve the deeper issues in my heart. It made me become ready to receive from God again.
I appreciate the people who went out of their way in helping me press through.
Thank you to my Husband for His thoughts of me. Buying me the food that I like. Taking me to a massage. Spending time with me. It helped me a lot.
Thank you Ate Esther Revote for checking on us via text. I cried the whole time that afternoon. It meant a lot Te. Thanks for always giving your life to people no matter what circumstances you’re in. Love you Te.
Thank you to our dear Homegroup for the surprise serenade with food, balloons and flowers. For praying, listening and loving us this much. Thank you for being our family who lifts us up when we’re tired and weary. We love you all so much.
Depression is a real devil. But it is nothing in the light of God love through the embrace of His people.
Be there for someone today! It matters.
For a century, she was battered and wounded.
Longed for love.
Confused of her identity.
Her children slaved all over the world.
Her home broken in every aspect.
Duterte happened and there’s a sense of hope.
Change is here.
Transformation can be at hand.
Her children can rest.
There is restoration!
There is reformation.
Is this a born again experience?
Can the Pearl shine bright again?
Is this the time for her calling?
Is this the time for destiny?
Whatever it maybe,
Nothing is impossible when we pray.
“Who hath heard such a thing? Who hath seen such things? Shall a land be born in one day? Shall a nation be brought forth at once? For as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.” – Isaiah 66:8 (ASV)