And so I thought…
I am proud homeschooler and freelancer. This a spirited choice my husband Jay and I embraced for our family. And being an idealist, I had noble reasons as to why we are doing what we’re doing. We still hold to these guiding lights until now. But the more I am homeschooling and freelancing, I am understanding the real rewards of this selection.
Before, I thought the biggest rewards of #homeschooling are these alone:
- Individualized learning – Being able to focus on each child’s learning style and develop them as God wants them to be.
- Godly parenting – Being able to establish them in the way of the Bible.
- Life skills – Being able to train them to what actually matters in real life situations.
But I was wrong…
Before, I also thought the greatest rewards of #freelancing are limited to:
- Moments – Not missing any life’s milestones with our kids.
- Money – Earning big that we can provide all their needs.
- Motherhood – That I can be there for them as their mom 24/7…
But I was wrong…
The more I do homeschooling and freelancing, I am realizing that the real reward of these two is the bond we can develop as we walk in their choices daily… it’s the intimacy in our relationship! Because I can homeschool and work from home without forming that bond, without connecting, without getting our hearts knitted together…
My rewards are:
- The laughers
- The tickles
- The embrace
- The kisses
- The words of encouragements and affection
- Movie time, arcade time, videoke time…
- Doing chores together
- Talking our hearts out
- Hearing each other with so much interests
- Holding hands
- Enjoying our meals together
- Going through life together…
Yes we do strive hard that our kids do not compromise learning and that we get to enjoy the perks of online jobs but above all I am learning that God made man for relationships. That He too, more than us fulfilling our destinies and conquering the world for His kingdom, loves to just be with us…
Life is all about “being” and not so much on the “doing”.
How about you? Are you also enjoying forming that bond with your kids? Don’t miss out this reward! They will be children only for a short period of time… Cherish it while you still can.