Philippines President Favors Same Sex Marriage?
The President of the Philippines, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte recently showed support to #samesexmarriage in the Philippines. This is what he expressed a few days ago at the 7th LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) Davao year-end gathering at Azuela Cove in Davao City.
Following Duterte’s style of leadership over the years, I can personally attest that he is saying this out of a good heart. He has always been for equality. He hates discrimination. This is why we have the Anti-Discrimination Law in Davao City. He is there to give everyone the chance to live peacefully with equal opportunities under the sun. Thus I can say that when he shared this sentiment, this is out of the goodness of his heart.
Because Jesus said So…
But no matter how good this idea may be, it doesn’t mean that this is RIGHT. There’s a big difference between goodness and righteousness. The first one can appear fine but still, bring curses leading to eternal death. The later can appear unjust but actually leads to life here and in eternity. See? The difference is an eternity away.
Homosexuality is wrong. Same-sex marriage is wrong and will never be right. Why? Because Jesus said so!
Check out: James 4:12, Hebrews 13:1-5, John 8:7-11, Romans 1:26-28, Jude 1:5-8, 1 Timothy 1:8-11, Mark 10:6-9, 1 Corinthians 7:2, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13.
To be safe and sound, we all should have a legal basis in all our principles and beliefs right? It should be where we base our lives. I don’t know about you but mine is based on the Bible. I live my life according to God’s words. My relationship with God is verified by His written law. And all over the scriptures, God has been loudly saying that homosexuality and same-sex marriage both sin. And all sin leads to nowhere but destruction alone.
Well, others say the Bible is just another book. Maybe… But it is also the ONLY Book with:
- Historical and geographical proofs.
- That is approved by the Canon Law.
- With first eyewitnesses Writers.
- That despite being written over 1400 years, writers of a different culture, work, locations, ages and found through different locations, IT DOESN’T CONTRADICT (history and science do!) anything from start to end. It instead fulfilled what was predicted in the Old Testament in the New Testament.
- It is perfect and true with proof.
I think it would be safe to be founded in a Book with no mistakes despite the many loopholes that it should have to know the points given above. But it is perfect. It was no mistake. It has proof instead! Any type of logical person should just believe the Bible and all its decrees compare to any new age authors and unproven “theories” (not even factual that’s why it remains a theory).
It’s wholeness, completeness, and perfection just prove that the Bible is God’s word. It only takes a Powerful God to be able to establish all facts about a written Book that’s still present until today.
And when it writes against homosexuality and same-sex marriage, we better trust that it’s for our sake…
I Love Homosexuals, I Condemned Homosexuality
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t hate homosexuals. I have relatives and friends who are a part of the LGBT community. I pray for them all the time. I cry over their souls. I pray for truth and their salvation. I love them enough that I share the truth. I don’t want them to be in hell. It’s a forever place. I don’t want any of my friends and relatives to spend eternity where there is gnashing of teeth and where the fire is unquenchable.
But I utterly denounce homosexuality! Like any type of sin, it leads people to death and destruction. To eternal separation with God. I curse that spirit. It has no right to steal, kill and destroy. I am not giving it a credit to pervert and twist. I condemn it!
I want to live the day when it is forever lost! Because this means the salvation of the LGBT community. Them, knowing their identity in God and being reconciled with the Father…
Same-Sex Marriage in The Philippines
However, because of western influence in the Philippines, more and more homosexuality is gaining grounds. It just made the Philippines laugh to its jokes and being entertained without realizing it is taking its roots in different aspects of our society. Again, I am not against the people, I am denouncing the spirit! I am speaking of the sin itself which is putting our precious fellow Filipinos of the LGBT communities in bondage.
Just look at the noontime shows many are watching in this country. Most of it features homosexuality in subtle ways. There is also the Philippine media and current affairs which promote it OFTEN in the spirit of “equality”. Plus the lame and powerless gospel in our churches today. It is toothless and numb. It has compromised and hid in the shadows to be accepted!
This is why the unclean spirit is advancing.
This perfect mix is poisoning the mind of the young. This is the reason behind the opinions you see in social media. There is so much “support” from the millennials saying we’re now in 2017… who are so focused on being “fair”… as long as “no one is harmed”… because “God is love”… that it is the Christians who are reflecting so much “hatred”. What a reflection of a twisted and perverted generation. So lost in the opinions of the ungodly.
The church should be ashamed of this… We have enjoyed the comforts of our air-conditioned sanctuaries. Carried away by the sweet words of our Preachers. Lullabied in tears by the worship team (with perfect lights and production). Where we measure success in the loudness of the laughter and claps, or how big the offering is… At the expense of our country rotting in sin…
This has to change. This has to stop! For the sake of our children’s children. For the cause of this nation’s call and destiny.
A Call to Stand Against Unrighteousness
How can we respond to this as Christians?
- Speak the truth: Don’t respond to bashing or cyberbullying. Just speak the truth. The truth is always right and it doesn’t need to defend itself.
- Let’s use Social Media for Christ: Share verses, quotes, Biblical opinions, articles that will speak of His righteousness. We need to advance the Lord’s standards that we may have life. Do this not out of pride that you know that truth, but out of compassion for our lost brothers and sisters.
- We need to fasts and pray targeted prayers for our LGBT relatives and friends: I would encourage you to join me on 3-day fasting praying the following:
- The salvation of our LGBT relatives and friends. Name all of them when you kneel before Jesus.
- That a new spark of evangelism will target LGBT communities ushering His truth and freedom.
- That God will use godly and Christian congressmen/women and Christian Senators to stand against ANY law which is not in accordance with the righteousness of God.
- That the spirit of homosexuality, same-sex marriage, and the like will NOT advance in this generation and nation.
- We need more Christian voices in the Congress and Senate: I call on the national leadership of Christians in this nation to please raise up godly men and women who can run for Congress and Senate. We need GODLY VOICES in our Houses. Yes, there are Senator Manny Pacquaio and DFA Secretary Allan Peter Cayetano… but we need more! Please tell us names to vote for and we will ALL root for them and ensure that those names are in our ballots. This is a Christian country! The only one in Asia… May His precepts be reflected in our laws and policies.
- Pray: I need to stress the power of prayer. You might be just one, or it can be just your youth group, our church… but God will come and move mightily if we call on Him. Please take time to praying after reading this blog. I have recently seen the reality of the power of God when my dear Husband was in the ICU. It was his time to leave this side of eternity. Hell had his name and date. But Christian families and friends called on heaven and God came down and breathe on my husband’s body in that ICU. I personally witnessed how his body was strengthened daily. How we were responding and supernaturally healed by the hour. He was out of the hospital in just 5 days! God is powerful and can change circumstances even in the most impossible situations.
Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall a land be born in one day? Shall a nation be brought forth in one moment? For as soon as Zion was in labor she brought forth her children. – Isaiah 66:8
Jesus can! He is the same yesterday, today and forever…
It’s time to take care of our nation and be responsible for the next generation. It’s time to be sober again and let our tears never run dry to the lost souls of our country: homosexuals and those all living in sin. It’s time to call on heaven to come and have His way.
Love Says No
Same-sex marriage in the Philippines? It’s a big NO for me… Because I know what it’ll do to a person and how it’ll lead a nation to spiritual death. I desire to see those that I love, free and saved. I aspire to see my beloved Philippines living its missionary call in my lifetime.
Thus, I say NO to same-sex marriage in this country! Yes… despite the President supports it. Because even if I love my President, and highly support all his causes for this nation, I CAN’T in any way support any of his leadings that’s against the heart of my God.
God is my Supreme Leader. Jesus is King!
If you are also NOT IN FAVOR OF THE SOGIE BILL IN THE PHILIPPINES, please #share. Let’s let our collaborative voices AGAINST IT be loudly heard!